Python- Watch out for the hidden .pyc file!
- in a python script, e.g. app.py, an external package named ‘py_pk’ is imported by:
from py_pk import abcand it works fine.
- I did a stupid thing is created a .py in the same package with the name ‘py_pk.py’, after it failed, I realized that the name will cause issue.
- however, the .pyc file is still there. the error message from pycharm is about it cannot find modules from py_pk.py! however it’s caused by the .pyc!
- always try your best to name a file, especially in python! never name a file with the same name as the other module!
- do a ‘ls -al’ if you find your IDE keep complaining a file which is not exists. it may caused by the .pyc!
- 2016-04-23 edit