If you’re thinking about it, you might want to start with these two websites:
This is a portal that aims to provide Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents with a fast and smart job search service to match them with relevant jobs… The portal was developed by Workforce Singapore, in partnership with the Government Technology Agency.
This is not just another government website:
From 1 Aug 2014, under the Fair Consideration Framework (FCF) by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), companies seeking to hire Employment Pass (EP) holders are required to post their job vacancies on MyCareersFuture.sg for at least 14 calendar days before an EP application is submitted to MOM. For more information on FCF, click here.
So technically speaking, the HR department will list the job vacancies as early as possible.
This is not all, most important feature for me is the salary info, even though only a range, it really helps me understand the market (on some level), for example, by reading few lists here, I know that:
- A “Core Engineering VP” at JPMorgan (10 years exp) can earn 10k~20K per month, which is as much as the salary of “Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning & Algorithms” at Apple in Singapore.
- “Executive Director”s at Goldman Sachs have similar salary as “VP” at JPM, with less working experience required: 7 years.
- Senior Software Engineer at Shopee (4 years exp 😮) also has a good salary: 15K~20K per month
- SVP at DBS can earn up to 30K / month
- A Principal IoT Solution Architect at AWS Singapore could get 38K per month, which requires 15 years working experience
- Software Engineer at Facebook with 5+ years working experience: 12K~20K
Some of the packages may have different components, but the range gives me much better visibility of the market.
As you may know that many financial institutions have development teams in Singapore, so you better set up your profile at efinancialcareers.sg — even if you have no interest in this industry.
Setting a profile here will attract most of the recruitment agencies, they will try to talk to you, share their opportunities. Be open-minded, talk with them, they will try their best to find a matching opportunity for you.
However, other websites such as “Linkedin”, “Indeed” are also very helpful, but for me, “MyCareersFuture” and “efinancialcareers” are the most effective ones.